Something tells us this was NOT on the menu!
Back in December, Cathleen Martin and her family went to the Applebee\’s in Paso Robles, CA where she ordered a Chinese chicken salad with a VERY special ingredient…
A BLOODY FINGERTIP!
Unfortunately, Martin, her husband, and their child all ate from the dish BEFORE they discovered the severed phlange!
The manager of the restaurant confirmed that the fingertip was from the chef. The family has filed a claim against the establishment which will most likely lead into a lawsuit. They are seeking damages for medical expenses and lost income.
According to the unlucky patron :
“It was so gross… I\’m on pins and needles worrying about what my family might have been exposed to.”
What makes the situation even worse is that the finger-eater is expecting her second child in March!
According to an Applebee\’s spokesperson:
“We take matters involving the health and safety of our guests and team members seriously… Accordingly, we immediately investigated and determined that an accident did occur in our kitchen. We discussed the matter with the Martins while still at our restaurant, shared our sincere apologies, and have continued to speak with Mrs. Martin in an effort to address her concerns.”
We just hope this incident never happens again! YUCK!
[Image via The Traut Firm.]